Sunday 11 January 2009

Session 12 Discussion

Ok, we had our first post christmas break session and first paragon tier session. Lessons learned:

1. Characters have become quite a lot more complicated. They have more bells and whistles and there is more to keep track of. This will take some getting used to.

2. Fighters are great as defenders. Its especially effective when you leave enemies with no good choices, move and be hit or stay where you are and burn in a Wall of Fire. Add in powers which knock prone and its even more brutal. Add a Warlock which can force creatures to attack to provoke combat challenge and its just evil.

3. Sometimes its better to forget the rules, like imposing a -2 penalty on missile attacks because the Huge creature is prone.

4. Space, lots and lots of space is really important, especially when you have a huge, two large and a bunch of medium sized enemies on the board.

5. Fiddly feat bonuses need to be incorporated in advance not calculated on the spot to speed up game play.

2 comments:

Psygnnosed said...

Hi Andrew.

I just want to drop a message to say that it's really good to watch the return of your session reports.
I am a DM from Portugal, and I've been following your campaign through the past months. I find your stories magnificent, and the "cast of characters" is amazing. Congratulations to both you and your players.

Allow me to salute you for your stimulating to read reports. I've stolen your *cut scene* idea to my own reports, and my players love the result.

I hope you keep the amazing work through 2009. I'll stick around to watch! :)

AndrewW said...

Many thanks. It always nice to receive feedback!