Thursday 7 August 2008

Session 2: The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul

Dawn finds our heroes basking in the warmth of the early morning sun as they congratulate themselves on a job well done. The Spirit of Ashura is subdued and the Heart of Fire is in the hands of the Rebellion. Their pockets are filled with gold and jewels with more to follow once the relics looted from the tomb are sold to a reliable fence.

They have good food, fine wine and gold aplenty. The vast delights of the most iniquitous city in all the world are open to them, what can possibly go wrong...

Well, theres lots of talk around town that someone went and killed a Hound of Shadow and that the Cabal is up in arms about it. Also, a Giants Cradle, a funeral barge of those titans of the mountains, is making its slow and stately way down the great river to the sea. Then theres the small issue of the Rebellion needing to complete the summer solstice ritual tomorrow night to banish the Hounds of Shadow from the City.

And of course who could forget The Night of Madness when spirits of lust and chaos descend for one orgiastic evening of debauchery. Did I mention that it was tonight....no, silly me.



5 comments:

Vodkashok said...

Titans barge.... awesome!

Neil

AndrewW said...

Funeral barge!

Filled with all sorts of interesting grave goods I bet!

Magus said...

Wow - I can see leaping onto a barge, cutting down guardians and liberating a few items!

Matthew said...

Hello, I found the picture you have of the City of Kings a few months ago and resolved to make it the primary location in my first 4E campaign (my version is in color in is more cropped than yours but I can't find the original location on the web but it's a fanciful city inside of an island)

And then I found your blog and really love a lot of the background you made for it.

I'm wondering if you have the original source of that picture and also whether you minded much me wholesale ripping off your blog to make my own campaign world wiki that was 80% similar. I'm talking copy/paste of huge blocks of text and then altering things here or there to taste.

Cheers,

Matthew

AndrewW said...

Thanks for your comments Matthew. You are welcome to use any of the material you want to.

I think I originally took the picture from an rpg.net thread. A bit of googling got me http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/archive/t-549059.html as the source.