Tuesday 15 July 2008

Performace Anxiety

I realised today that my first game where I have to try and make all of this stuff into some sort of coherent whole is less than two weeks away. I have four full relationship maps oozing with possible drama but I haven't really sat down and thought out what might come out of all of this.

So, in an effort to try and get the creative juices flowing over here I am going to adopt a technique from the last Cottagecon, Headlines. In brief, when we played Call of Cthullu the GM produced a little Headline for each section of the game. I am going to try and do the same for the possible issues which I think might form the basis for sessions of 4e.

Of course I am going to have to keep them at least a little bit vague to maintain some of the mystery. What I really need is some private spot where I can post some of my ideas in a palce my players cant see, word documents just dont really do it for me.

These are all Heroic Tier possibilities. I have various Paragon and Epic Tier options but I imagine the game setting will have changed so much by that time that they may well be obsolete.

The Prodigal Son
The Garden of Lost Loves
Hunting the Hounds of Shadow
The Key of Time
Bloodied blades in the shadow of the Sun
Thunder at the Gates of Time
Old Friends and Hard Choices
Flight of the Windrunner
Masters of Fire and Iron
The Iron Lord Walks
Curiosity Killed the Cat
Dark Rises, night of the living shadows
The Man who loved too much
Hard words and harsher lessons
The long dark teatime of the soul
Death is just the Beginning

These are not in any particular order.

6 comments:

Fandomlife said...

Wow.

Though...

The Man who loved too much

I told you he was doomed. Of course, I'm only guessing :)

AndrewW said...

It could be you

It could be Neil

It could be Nigel

It could be an NPC

It could be all of you at once.

Muhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Fandomlife said...

Out of curiosity, just because you seem to have quite a lot there - how do you see the levelling going?

Are distributing experience closer to the actual rules? Going for a saga-based approach of just levelling at specific points or giving out chunks at specific points?

Not bother how, just curious how you see that element fitting into the whole thing.

Ian.

AndrewW said...

At the moment I am not entirely certain.

I may do it purely by the book but that may make the levelling process a bit slow.

I have thought about just levelling you after each session or after each "adventure".

Vodkashok said...

That is the biggest cock tease trailer I have ever seen for a campaign. You swine!

Neil

AndrewW said...

I aim to please...